Research - Introduction to Linux (commands and tools) for HPC
Objectives of this course
Learn the basic necessities of Linux to use UNIL HPC clusters in a command-line interface mode.
Any PhD students, post-docs, researchers of UNIL and CHUV who need to use UNIL HPC clusters but who are not familiar with Linux and command-line interface.
- Use of the filesystem (move between directories, edit/copy/files files, set specific permissions to files and directories)
- Use of simple tools to handle data
- Process management on Linux
- Concept of I/O redirections and pipes
- Basis of SSH to perform remote connection/copy
- Basis of bash scripting
- Creation/use of compressed archives
On a quarterly basis
To be defined or remotely
IMPORTANT: Please register using your UNIL email address!