Research - A Gentle Introduction to Deep Learning with Python and R
Machine learning methods are nowadays used in a wide variety of applications such as image and text classification, and weather forecasting. In this course, you will learn how a very popular method, namely Deep Learning (or Neural Network), works and may be applied in practice by using either Python or R programming.
Acquire the key competencies that are needed to apply deep learning methods to simple datasets
Any PhD students, post-docs, researchers of UNIL who would like to use deep learning methods in their research
At the end of the course, the participants are expected to:
- Understand how the deep learning (neural network) algorithm works
- Run a simple machine learning code in Python or R
- Be able to choose properly the hyper-parameters of the model
Every 6 months
To be defined or remotely
- Basic knowledge of statistics, including simple linear algebra techniques such as vectors, matrices and matrix multiplication
- Be confortable with either Python or R programming
- Have an account on the UNIL clusters
IMPORTANT: Please register using your UNIL email address!